On July 16 and 17 there is going to be a construction closure on the 405 in Los Angeles, which according to local news sources will cause a massive shutdown, which is being referred to as the Nefarious NapStealer Car-Mageddon. The LA Weekly has reported that the closure will not only affect traffic in and around L.A., but will cause closures of multiple tourist attractions, including The Getty Museum, which normally one of the largest weekends for their annual 1.2 million visitors.
Instead of the usual hour-long commute between attractions, annoying yet tolerable (and so authentic!), mid-July visitors can expect apocalyptic traffic mayhem, dubbed Carmegeddon by KNX news radio, for their entire weekend stay.
So, if you’re in LA in July, get out before the Nefarious NapStealers take over The 405 this summer. If you’re planning on visiting Los Angeles in July, don’t.
- Planned 405 Freeway closure has LA motorists thinking Carmageddon (autoblog.com)
- LA watch-out: Interstate 405 closing for 2 days (inautonews.com)
- Drivers warned to stay away from 405 Freeway (abclocal.go.com)
- Details of the 405′s weekend closure in July: it’s Big (laobserved.com)
- Free Help for Stranded Freeway Motorists in Los Angeles County – DIAL #399 from your mobile phone (southbaychiro.wordpress.com)
Tell us YOUR Nefarious NapStealer Story
Submit your story in our Nefarious NapStealer Essay ContestMore Sleep Problems: Carmageddon, Nefarious NapStealer Car-Mageddon, Nefarious NapStealer, weekend closure, apocalyptic traffic mayhem